When started my first diet I was convinced that can do it 100% and there is no other way.
First 2 weeks went fine and I have managed both my gym workouts and clean meals to perfection.
Happy Days!!! Well done!!! Then my friend called me for his birthday party. And because he was the one you will never refuse we went out drank fizzies, beers and ate lots of crap. Following 2 days were a disaster. My head was about to explode and just thought of green vegetable and protein shake made me even sicker. Didn’t eat really well and did not make it to the gym either. Frustrated from slipping off the plan I felt like my whole effort was destroyed and I have stopped it all. No more gym no more diet, back to my old habits and started gaining weight again. If this sounds like something you have been experiencing then keep reading.
The 80/20 principle stands for being on track most of the time. If you do 80% diet and gym the rest 20% doesn’t matter and even though you slipped off your plan it’s not the end of the world. Don’t forget that dieting is not for week or month or a year. It is a lifetime concept. If you return back to the old habits which made you fat, you will become fat again. Simple. You can’t be 100 percent all of the time, but you can be 80 percent all of the time. Have small, frequent meals throughout the day, aiming to make healthy choices.
The 80/20 principle has done wonders for thousands. Without guilt or conditions placed on meal choices.
I personally believe that consistency and everything in moderation are the best.